Every country, company, organization, and individual has a role to play. Actors include: countries which invest in restoration; international cooperation which supports country efforts with technology and capacity; financial institutions interested in adapting their portfolio of investments to impactful, green growth and long-term sustainable activities; the private sector willing to reform their business visions and halt the negative impacts of their supply chains on ecosystems; and local communities who are the main agents of action on the ground.
In preparation for the Decade’s launch, everyone can help raise the visibility and level of ambition for ecosystem restoration. Depending on your background consider the following actions:
- On an individual or small scale, you can become active in a local conservation organization, support research, plant trees, improve the ecosystem around you, or educate others on the value of ecosystem restoration
- Think about how your work can, or does, contribute to ecosystem restoration. Start strategizing on your contribution to the UN Decade
- Communicate the opportunities that the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration can bring to your organization and to the constituencies you work with, and share it widely
- Get in touch with the organizations supporting the implementation of the UN Decade and bring up ideas of in-country, regional, and international opportunities to scale up ecosystem restoration by, for instance, fostering partnerships, disseminating technologies and knowledge, and unlocking resources for the implementation of restoration action in all ecosystems.
- Identify gaps that this UN Decade can address through the global movement, and join forces with others who are actively involved in pushing forward the global ecosystem restoration agenda.
Tell us how you would like to be part of the movement